The discussion there hits on the distinction of jobs and stages.  When looking at one application, there are hundreds of stages, sometimes thousands.  Depends on the data and the task.  And the UI seems to track stages.  And one could independently track them for such a job.  But what if -- as occurs in another application -- there's only one or two stages, but lots of data passing through those 1 or 2 stages?

Kevin Markey