Are you trying to access the UI from another machine? If so, first confirm
that you don't have a network issue by opening the UI from the master node
itself.

For example:

yum -y install lynx
lynx ip_address:8080

If this succeeds, then you likely have something blocking you from
accessing the web page from another machine.

Nick

http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html#monitoring-and-logging