Hi All,

I am not sure if this is a 0.9.0 problem to be fixed in 0.9.1 so perhaps
already being addressed, but I am having a devil of a time with a spark
0.9.0 client jar for hadoop 2.X. If I go to the site and download:

   - Download binaries for Hadoop 2 (HDP2, CDH5): find an Apache
mirror
<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/spark/spark-0.9.0-incubating/spark-0.9.0-incubating-bin-hadoop2.tgz>
   or direct file
download<http://d3kbcqa49mib13.cloudfront.net/spark-0.9.0-incubating-bin-hadoop2.tgz>

I get a jar with what appears to be hadoop 1.0.4 that fails when using
hadoop 2.3.0. I have tried repeatedly to build the source tree with the
correct options per the documentation but always seemingly ending up with
hadoop 1.0.4.  As far as I can tell the reason that the jar available on
the web site doesn't have the correct hadoop client in it, is because the
build itself is having that problem.

I am about to try to troubleshoot the build but wanted to see if anyone out
there has encountered the same problem and/or if I am just doing something
dumb (!)

Anyone else using hadoop 2.X? How do you get the right client jar if so?

cheers,
Erik

--
Erik James Freed