If you want more parallelism, you need more cores. So, use a machine with
more cores, or use a cluster of machines.
spark-ec2<https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/ec2-scripts.html>is the
easiest way to do this.

If you're stuck on a single machine with 2 cores, then set your default
parallelism to 2. Setting it to a higher number won't do anything helpful.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Eduardo Costa Alfaia <e.costaalf...@unibs.it