Hi Marcelo, thanks for answering.

That didn't seem to help. I have the following now:

    val sc = new SparkContext("spark://<masternodeip>:7077",
                              "Simple App", "/usr/local/pkg/spark",
             List("target/scala-2.10/simple-project_2.10-1.0.jar"))

sc.addJar("/home/spark/workspace/SimpleApp/target/scala-2.10/simple-project_2.10-1.0.jar")

I still get the error, though, with ClassNotFoundException, unless I'm not
understanding how to run the sc.addJar. I find it a little weird, too, that
the Spark platform has trouble finding the code that is itself. And why
only with the reduceByKey function is it occuring? I have no problems with
any other code running except for that. (BTW, I don't use <masternodeip> in
my code above... I just removed it for security purposes.)

Thanks,

Ian