This seems like an interesting question.

I love Apache Pig. It is so natural and the language flows with nice syntax.

While I was at Yahoo! in core Hadoop Engineering, I have used Pig a lot for
analytics and provided feedback to Pig Team to do much more functionality
when it was at version 0.7. Lots of new functionality got offered now
.
End of the day, Pig is a DSL for data flows. There will be always gaps and
enhancements. I was often thought is DSL right way to solve data flow
problems? May be not, we need complete language construct. We may have
found the answer - Scala. With Scala's dynamic compilation, we can write
much power constructs than any DSL can provide.

If I am a new organization and beginning to choose, I would go with Scala.

Here is the example:

#!/bin/sh
exec scala "$0" "$@"
!#
YOUR DSL GOES HERE BUT IN SCALA!

You have DSL like scripting, functional and complete language power! If we
can improve first 3 lines, here you go, you have most powerful DSL to solve
data problems.

-Bharath