What i observe is, this way of computing is very inefficient. It returns
all the elements of the RDD to a List which takes considerable amount of
time.
Then it calculates the last element.

I have a file of size 3 GB in which i ran a lot of aggregate operations
which dint took the time that this take(RDD.count) took.

Is there an efficient way ? My guess is there should be one, since its a
basic operation.