File as a stream?
I think you are confusing Spark Streaming with buffer reader. Spark
streaming is meant to process batches of data (files, packets, messages) as
they come in, infact utilizing time of packet reception as a way to create
windows etc.

In your case you are better off reading the file, partitioning it &
operating on each column individually if that makes more sense to you.

Mayur Rustagi
Ph: +1 (760) 203 3257
http://www.sigmoidanalytics.com
@mayur_rustagi <https://twitter.com/mayur_rustagi>