Paco, that's a great video reference, thanks.

To be fair to our friends at Yahoo, who have done a tremendous amount to
help advance the cause of the BDAS stack, it's not FUD coming from them,
certainly not in any organized or intentional manner.

In vacuo we prefer Mesos ourselves, but also can't ignore the fact that in
the larger market, many enterprise technology stack decisions are made
based on their existing vendor support relationships.

And in view of Mesos, super happy to see Mesosphere growing!

Sent while mobile. Pls excuse typos etc.
That's FUD. Tracking the Mesos and Spark use cases, there are very large
production deployments of these together. Some are rather private but
others are being surfaced. IMHO, one of the most amazing case studies is
from Christina Delimitrou http://youtu.be/YpmElyi94AA

For a tutorial, use the following but upgrade it to latest production for
Spark. There was a related O'Reilly webcast and Strata tutorial as well:
http://mesosphere.io/learn/run-spark-on-mesos/

FWIW, I teach "Intro to Spark" with sections on CM4, YARN, Mesos, etc.
Based on lots of student experiences, Mesos is clearly the shortest path to
deploying a Spark cluster if you want to leverage the robustness,
multi-tenancy for mixed workloads, less ops overhead, etc., that show up
repeatedly in the use case analyses.

My opinion only and not that of any of my clients: "Don't believe the FUD
from YHOO unless you really want to be stuck in 2009."