We are planning to use the latest Spark SQL on RDDs. If a third party
application wants to connect to Spark via JDBC, does Spark SQL have support?
(We want to avoid going though Shark/Hive JDBC layer as we need good
performance).

BTW, we also want to do the same for Spark Streaming - With Spark SQL work
on DStreams (since the underlying structure is RDD anyway) and can we expose
the streaming DStream RDD through JDBC via Spark SQL for Realtime analytics.

Any pointers on this will greatly help.

Regards,

Venkat