Hi,

I had the same problem with pyspark.  Here's how I resolved it:

What I've found in python (not sure about scala) is that if the function
being serialized was written in the same python module as the main
function, then logging fails.  If the serialized function is in a separate
module, then logging does not fail.  I just created this gist to demo the
situation and (python) solution.  Is there a similar way to do this in
scala?

https://gist.github.com/adgaudio/0191e14717af68bbba81

Alex