The error is resolved. I was using a comparator which was not serialised
because of which it was throwing the error.

I have now switched to kryo serializer as it is faster than java serialser.
I have set the required config

conf.set("spark.serializer", "org.apache.spark.serializer.KryoSerializer");
conf.set("spark.kryo.registrator", "MyRegistrator");

and also in MyRegistrator class I have registered all the classes I am
serialising.

How can I confirm that my code is actually using kryo serialiser and not
java serialiser now ?

PS : It seems like my code is still not using kryo serialiser.