Could you elaborate on this? I don’t have an application, I just use spark
shell.

From: Andrew Or [mailto:and...@databricks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:40 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding external jar to spark-shell classpath in spark 1.0

This is a known issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1919. We
haven't found a fix yet, but for now, you can workaround this by including your
simple class in your application jar.

<alexander.ula...@hp.com<mailto:alexander.ula...@hp.com>>:
Hi,

I am currently using spark 1.0 locally on Windows 7. I would like to use
classes from external jar in the spark-shell. I followed the instruction in:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-user/201402.mbox/%3CCALrNVjWWF6k=c_jrhoe9w_qaacjld4+kbduhfv0pitr8h1f...@mail.gmail.com%3E

I have set ADD_JARS=”my.jar” SPARK_CLASSPATH=”my.jar” in spark-shell.cmd but
this didn’t work.

I also tried running “spark-shell.cmd --jars my.jar --driver-class-path my.jar
--driver-library-path my.jar” and it didn’t work either.

I cannot load any class from my jar into spark shell. Btw my.jar contains a
simple Scala class.

Best regards, Alexander