There is nothing special about CDH5 Spark in this regard. CDH 5.0.x has
Spark 0.9.0, and the imminent next release will have 1.0.0 + upstream
patches.

You're simply accessing a class that was not present in 0.9.0, but is
present after that:

https://github.com/apache/spark/commits/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/SecurityManager.scala