If you want to make Twitter* classes available in your shell, I believe you
could do the following
1. Change the parent pom module ordering - Move external/twitter before
assembly
2. In assembly/pom.xm, add external/twitter dependency - this will package
twitter* into the assembly jar

Now when spark-shell is launched, assembly jar is in classpath - hence
twitter* too. I think this will work (remember trying this sometime back)