Could you share some code (or pseudo-code)?

Sounds like you're instantiating the JDBC connection in the driver,
and using it inside a closure that would be run in a remote executor.
That means that the connection object would need to be serializable.
If that sounds like what you're doing, it won't work.

--
Marcelo