I have a sample application pumping out records 1 per second.  The batch
interval is set to 5 seconds.  Here’s a list of “observed window intervals” vs
what was actually set

window=25, slide=25 : observed-window=25, overlapped-batches=0
window=25, slide=20 : observed-window=20, overlapped-batches=0
window=25, slide=15 : observed-window=15, overlapped-batches=0
window=25, slide=10 : observed-window=20, overlapped-batches=2
window=25, slide=5 : observed-window=25, overlapped-batches=3

can someone explain this behavior to me?  I’m trying to aggregate metrics by
time batches, but want to skip partial batches.  Therefore, I’m trying to find
a combination which results in 1 overlapped batch, but no combination I tried
gets me there.

Alan