Hi Sam,

I tried Spark on Cloudera a couple month age, any there were a lot of issues…
Fortunately, I was able to switch to Hortonworks and exerting works perfect. In
general, you can try two mode: standalone and via YARN. Personally, I found
using Spark via YARN more comfortable special for administrating. You can era
about my experience w/ standalone mode:
http://simpletoad.blogspot.com/2014/04/spark-on-hdp2.html