I'm not sure I understand this, maybe because the context is missing.
An RDD is immutable, so there is no such thing as writing to an RDD.
I'm not sure which aspect is being referred to as single-threaded. Is
this the Spark Streaming driver?

What is the difference between "streaming into Spark" and "reading
from the stream"? Streaming data into Spark means Spark reads the
stream.

A mini batch of data is exposed as an RDD, but the stream processing
continues while it is operated on. Saving the RDDs is one of the most
basic operations exposed by streaming:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/streaming-programming-guide.html#output-operations
 No, you do not stop the stream processing to persist it. In fact you
couldn't.

On that basis, no, this sounds fairly wrong.