Hi,

Using the spark 1.0.1 ec2 script I launched 35 m3.2xlarge instances. (I was
using Singapore region.) Some of the instances we got without the ephemeral
internal (non-EBS) SSD devices that are supposed to be connected to them.
Some of them have these drives but not all, and there is no sign from the
outside, one can only notice this by ssh-ing into the instances and typing
`df -l` thus it seems to be a bug to me.
I am not sure if Amazon is not providing the drives or the Spark AMI
configures something wrong. Do you have any idea what is going on? I neved
faced this issue before. It is not like the drive is not formatted/mounted
(as it was the case with the new r3 instances), they are not present
physically. (Though the mnt and mnt2 are configured properly in fstab.)

I did several tries and the result was the same: some of the instances
launched with the drives, some without.

Please, let me know if you have some ideas what to do with this
inconsistent behaviour.

AndrĂ¡s