Answering my own question, it seems that the warnings are expected as
explained by TD @
http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/streaming-questions-td3281.html
.

Here is what he wrote:
"Spark Streaming is designed to replicate the received data within the
machines in a Spark cluster for fault-tolerance. However, when you are
running in the local mode, since there is only one machine, the
"blocks" of data arent able to replicate. This is expected and safe to
ignore in local mode."

I was indeed running it in local mode and hence it seems that I can safely
ignore such warnings.

Thanks,
Aniket