On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM, ll <duy.huynh....@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi again.  just want to check in again to see if anyone could advise on how
> to implement a "mutable, growing graph" with graphx?
>
> we're building a graph is growing over time.  it adds more vertices and
> edges every iteration of our algorithm.
>
> it doesn't look like there is an obvious way to add a new vertice & a set
> of
> edges to an existing graph.

Currently the only way to do this is to rebuild the graph in each iteration
by adding more vertices and edges to the source RDDs, then calling the
graph constructor.

I'm working on a way to support this more efficiently (SPARK-2365
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2365>), but GraphX doesn't
take advantage of this yet.

Ankur <http://www.ankurdave.com/>