Hi Shahab,

Are you running Spark in Local, Standalone, YARN or Mesos mode?

If you're running in Standalone/YARN/Mesos, then the .count() action is
indeed automatically parallelized across multiple Executors.

When you run a .count() on an RDD, it is actually distributing tasks to
different executors to each do a local count on a local partition and then
all the tasks send their sub-counts back to the driver for final
aggregation. This sounds like the kind of behavior you're looking for.

However, in Local mode, everything runs in a single JVM (the driver +
executor), so there's no parallelization across Executors.