BTW while I haven't actually used Redshift, I've seen many companies that use
both, usually using Spark for ETL and advanced analytics and Redshift for SQL
on the cleaned / summarized data. Xiangrui Meng also wrote
https://github.com/mengxr/redshift-input-format to make it easy to read data
exported from Redshift into Spark or Hadoop.

Matei