I'm trying to use a custom input format with SparkContext.newAPIHadoopRDD.
Creating the new RDD works fine but setting up the configuration file via
the static methods on input formats that require a Hadoop Job object is
proving to be difficult.

Trying to new up my own Job object with the
SparkContext.hadoopConfiguration is throwing the exception on line 283 of
this grepcode:

http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/2.5.0/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.java#Job

Looking in the SparkContext code, I'm seeing that it's newing up Job
objects just fine using nothing but the configuraiton. Using
SparkContext.textFile() appears to be working for me. Any ideas? Has anyone
else run into this as well? Is it possible to have a method like
SparkContext.getJob() or something similar?

Thanks.