You could use the following as compressionCodecClass:

DEFLATE       org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.DefaultCodec
gzip             org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec
bzip2         org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.BZip2Codec
LZO          com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec

for gzip, compressionCodecClass should be