I am working with a RowMatrix and I noticed in the multiply() method that the
local matrix with which it is being multiplied is being distributed to all of
the rows of the RowMatrix.  If this is the case, then is it impossible to
multiply a row matrix within a map operation? Because this would essentially be
creating RDDs within RDDs.  For example, If you had an RDD of local matrices
and you wanted to perform a map operation where each local matrix is multiplied
with a distributed matrix.  This does not seem possible since it would require
distributing each local matrix in the map when multiplication occurs (i.e.
creating an RDD in each element of the original RDD).  If this is true then
does it mean you can only multiply a RowMatrix within the driver i.e. you
cannot parallelize RowMatrix multiplications?

Thanks,

Alex