Hello all,

I have a custom RDD for fast loading of data from a non-partitioned source.
The partitioning happens in the RDD implementation by pushing data from the
source into queues picked up by the current active partitions in worker
threads.

This works great on a multi-threaded single host (say with the manager set
to "local[x]" ) but I'd like to run it distributed. However, I need to know,
not only which "slice" my partition is, but also which host (by sequence)
it's on so I can divide up the source by worker (host) and then run the
multi-threaded. In other words, I need what effectively amounts to a 2-tier
slice identifier.

I know this is probably unorthodox, but is there some way to get this
information in the compute method or the deserialized Partition objects?