Hello,
we are running Spark 1.2.0 standalone on a cluster made up of 4 machines, each
of them running one Worker and one of them also running the Master; they are
all connected to the same HDFS instance.

Until a few days ago, they were all configured with

        SPARK_WORKER_MEMORY = 18G

and the jobs running on our cluster were making use of all of them.
A few days ago though, we added a new machine to the cluster, set up one Worker
on that machine, and reconfigured the machines as follows:

| machine   | SPARK_WORKER_MEMORY |
| #1             | 16G |
| #2             | 18G |
| #3             | 24G |
| #4             | 18G |
| #5 (new)   | 36G |

Ever since we introduced this configuration change, our applications running on
the cluster are not using the Worker running on machine #1 anymore, even though
it is regularly registered to the cluster.

I would be very grateful if anybody could explain how Spark chooses which
workers to use and why that one is not used anymore.

Regards,
Federico Ragona