Just to add why tunneling is not a good practice sometime:

There could be some other ports/apps depeneding on other processes running
on different ports. Lets say a web app running on port 8080 pulling info
from other processes through rest api which will fail here since you only
tunnel for 8080 and hence the ui/data will look ugly.