Interesting to hear that it works for you. Are you using Yarn 2.2 as well?
No strange log message during startup, and can't see any other log messages
since no executer gets launched. Does not seems to work in yarn-client mode
either, failing with the exception below.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Yarn
application has already ended! It might have been killed or unable to
launch application master.
        at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.YarnClientSchedulerBackend.waitForApplication(YarnClientSchedulerBackend.scala:119)
        at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.YarnClientSchedulerBackend.start(YarnClientSchedulerBackend.scala:59)
        at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.TaskSchedulerImpl.start(TaskSchedulerImpl.scala:141)
        at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.<init>(SparkContext.scala:370)
        at
com.spotify.analytics.AnalyticsSparkContext.<init>(AnalyticsSparkContext.scala:8)
        at com.spotify.analytics.DataSampler$.main(DataSampler.scala:42)
        at com.spotify.analytics.DataSampler.main(DataSampler.scala)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.org$apache$spark$deploy$SparkSubmit$$runMain(SparkSubmit.scala:551)
        at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.doRunMain$1(SparkSubmit.scala:155)
        at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.submit(SparkSubmit.scala:178)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:99)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)

/Anders