Hi Francisco,

Out of curiosity - why ROLAP mode using multi-dimensional mode (vs tabular)
from SSAS to Spark? As a past SSAS guy you've definitely piqued my
interest.

The one thing that you may run into is that the SQL generated by SSAS can
be quite convoluted. When we were doing the same thing to try to get SSAS
to connect to Hive (ref paper at
http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/2/0/D20E1C5F-72EA-4505-9F26-FEF9550EFD44/MOLAP2HIVE_KLOUT.docx)
that was definitely a blocker. Note that Spark SQL is different than HIVEQL
but you may run into the same issue. If so, the trick you may want to use
is similar to the paper - use a SQL Server linked server connection and
have SQL Server be your "translator" for the SQL generated by SSAS.

HTH!
Denny