Tathagata, yes, I was using StreamingContext.getOrCreate. My question is
about the design decision here. I was expecting that if I have a streaming
application that say crashed, and I wanted to give the executors more
memory, I would be able to restart, using the checkpointed RDD but with
more memory.

I thought deleting the checkpoints in a checkpointed application is the
last thing that you want to do (as you lose all state). Seems a bit harsh
to have to do this just to increase the amount of memory?