Thanks Marcelo. Do you think it would be useful to make
spark.executor.extraClassPath be made to pick up some environment variable
that can be set from spark-env.sh? Here is a example.

spark-env.sh
------------------
executor_extra_cp = get_hbase_jars_for_cp
export executor_extra_cp

spark-defaults.conf
spark.executor.extraClassPath = ${executor_extra_cp}

This will let us add logic inside get_hbase_jars_for_cp function to pick
the right version hbase jars. There could be multiple versions installed on
the node.

--
Kannan