org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkHadoopUtil has a method:

/**
   * Get [[FileStatus]] objects for all leaf children (files) under the given
base path. If the
   * given path points to a file, return a single-element collection containing
[[FileStatus]] of
   * that file.
   */
  def listLeafStatuses(fs: FileSystem, basePath: Path): Seq[FileStatus] = {
    def recurse(path: Path) = {
      val (directories, leaves) = fs.listStatus(path).partition(_.isDir)
      leaves ++ directories.flatMap(f => listLeafStatuses(fs, f.getPath))
    }

    val baseStatus = fs.getFileStatus(basePath)
    if (baseStatus.isDir) recurse(basePath) else Array(baseStatus)
  }

—
Best Regards!
Yijie Shen