I think (I hope) it's because the generic builds "just work". Even
though these are of course distributed mostly verbatim in CDH5, with
tweaks to be compatible with other stuff at the edges, the stock
builds should be fine too. Same for HDP as I understand.

The CDH4 build may work on some builds of CDH4, but I think is lurking
there as a "Hadoop 2.0.x plus a certain YARN beta" build. I'd prefer
to rename it that way, myself, since it doesn't actually work with all
of CDH4 anyway.

Are the MapR builds there because the stock Hadoop build doesn't work
on MapR? that would actually surprise me, but then, why are these two
builds distributed?