I mean JavaSparkContext has a field name "sc", whose type is SparkContext. You may pass this "sc" to HiveContext.

On 3/29/15 9:59 PM, Vincent He wrote:
thanks .
It does not work, and can not pass compile as HiveContext constructor does not accept JaveSparkContext and JaveSparkContext is not subclass of SparkContext.
Anyone else have any idea? I suspect this is supported now.