One issue is that 'big' becomes 'not so big' reasonably quickly. A couple
of TeraBytes is not that challenging (depending on the algorithm) these
days where as 5 years ago it was a big challenge. We have a bit over a
PetaByte (not using Spark)  and using a distributed system is the only
viable way to get reasonable performance for reasonable cost

cheers

--

*Franc Carter*     I      Systems Architect    I     RoZetta Technology

[image: Description: Description: Description:
cid:image003.jpg@01D02903.9B540580]

L4. 55 Harrington Street,  THE ROCKS,  NSW, 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW, 1215, AUSTRALIA

*T*  +61 2 8355 2515     I    www.rozettatechnology.com

[image: cid:image002.jpg@01D02903.0B41B280]

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this email, inclusive of attachments, may be
legally

privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents is
expressly prohibited.