Ankur,

Response inline.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Ankur Chauhan <achau...@brightcove.com>
wrote:

> Hi Haoyuan,
>
> So on each mesos slave node I should allocate/section off some amount
> of memory for tachyon (let's say 50% of the total memory) and the rest
> for regular mesos tasks?

This depends on your machine spec and workload. The high level idea is to
give Tachyon the memory size equals to the total memory size of the machine
minus other processes' memory needs.

> This means, on each slave node I would have tachyon worker (+ hdfs
> configuration to talk to s3 or the hdfs datanode) and the mesos slave
> process. Is this correct?

On each slave node, you would run a Tachyon worker. For underfs, you can
configure it to use S3 or HDFS or others.

Best,

Haoyuan