This isn't currently a capability that Spark has, though it has definitely
been discussed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1061.  The
primary obstacle at this point is that Hadoop's FileInputFormat doesn't
guarantee that each file corresponds to a single split, so the records
corresponding to a particular partition at the end of the first job can end
up split across multiple partitions in the second job.

-Sandy