Just wanted to check if somebody has seen similar behaviour or knows what
we might be doing wrong. We have a relatively complex spark application
which processes half a terabyte of data at various stages. We have profiled
it in several ways and everything seems to point to one place where 90% of
the time is spent:  AppendOnlyMap.changeValue. The job scales and is
relatively faster than its map-reduce alternative but it still feels slower
than it should be. I am suspecting too much spill but I haven't seen any
improvement by increasing number of partitions to 10k. Any idea would be
appreciated.

--
Michal Haris
Technical Architect