Hi V,

I am assuming that each of the three .parquet paths you mentioned have
multiple partitions in them.

For eg: [/dataset/city=London/data.parquet/part-r-0.parquet,
/dataset/city=London/data.parquet/part-r-1.parquet]

I haven't personally used this with "hdfs", but I've worked with a similar
file strucutre with '=' in "S3".

And how i get around this is by building a string of all the filepaths
seperated by commas (with NO spaces inbetween). Then I use that string as
the filepath parameter. I think the following adaptation of S3 file access
pattern to HDFS would work

If I want to load 1 file:
sqlcontext.parquetFile( "hdfs://some
ip:8029/dataset/city=London/data.parquet")

If I want to load multiple files (lets say all 3 of them):
sqlcontext.parquetFile( "hdfs://some
ip:8029/dataset/city=London/data.parquet,hdfs://some
ip:8029/dataset/city=NewYork/data.parquet,hdfs://some
ip:8029/dataset/city=Paris/data.parquet")

*** But in the multiple file scenario, the schema of all the files should be
the same

I hope you can use this S3 pattern with HDFS and hope it works !!

Thanks
in4