Assuming a web server access log shall be analyzed and target of computation
shall be csv-files per time, e.g. one per day containing the
minute-statistics and one per month containing the hour statistics. Incoming
statistics are computed as discretized streams using spark streaming
context.

Basically I have to create the csv-files, combine them with the discretized
stream and then to replace to old csv with the comined one. To realize such
computation some kind of timestamp-based partitioning is required, the
assign contents of discrete stream to time-slots. But there seems no kind of
such processing.

Can you give me a hint how to solve this computation? I am missing examples
explaining how to compute on base of existing time based data. How to
replace existing files? How to design allowing recomputation of larger data
sets?

regards,
markus