Hi,

Sometime back I played with Distributed Rule processing by integrating
Drool with HBase Co-Processors ..and invoke Rules on any incoming data ..

https://github.com/dibbhatt/hbase-rule-engine

You can get some idea how to use Drools rules if you see this
RegionObserverCoprocessor ..

https://github.com/dibbhatt/hbase-rule-engine/blob/master/src/main/java/hbase/rule/HBaseDroolObserver.java

Idea is basically to create a stateless Ruleengine from the "drl" file and
fire the rule on incoming data ..

Even though the code is for invoking rules on HBase PUT object , but you
can get an idea ..and modify it for Spark..

Dibyendu