Hi sparkers,

I am working on a PySpark application which uses the OpenCV library. It
runs fine when running the code locally but when I try to run it on Spark
on the same Machine it crashes the worker.

The code can be found here:
https://gist.github.com/samos123/885f9fe87c8fa5abf78f

This is the error message taken from STDERR of the worker log:
https://gist.github.com/samos123/3300191684aee7fc8013

Would like pointers or tips on how to debug further? Would be nice to know
the reason why the worker crashed.

Thanks,
Sam Stoelinga

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Python worker exited unexpectedly (crashed)
        at
org.apache.spark.api.python.PythonRDD$$anon$1.read(PythonRDD.scala:172)
        at
org.apache.spark.api.python.PythonRDD$$anon$1.<init>(PythonRDD.scala:176)
        at org.apache.spark.api.python.PythonRDD.compute(PythonRDD.scala:94)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.computeOrReadCheckpoint(RDD.scala:277)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.iterator(RDD.scala:244)
        at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ResultTask.runTask(ResultTask.scala:61)
        at org.apache.spark.scheduler.Task.run(Task.scala:64)
        at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:203)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
        at
org.apache.spark.api.python.PythonRDD$$anon$1.read(PythonRDD.scala:108)