Just after receiving the data from kafka, you can do a
dstream.count().print() to see spark and kafka is not the problem, after
that next step would be to identify where is the problem, you can do the
same count and print on each of the dstreams that you are creating (by
transforming), and finally, the indexing into elastic search peace, where
you need to make sure the connection is not a problem. May be you can
create a simple RDD of Map("id" -> "1", "Something" -> "Something") and
call the .saveToES to make sure it is getting written into ES.

Thanks
Best Regards