Hi Yasemin,

If you can convert your user IDs to Integers in pre-processing (if you have
< a couple billion users), that would work.  Otherwise...
In Spark 1.3: You may need to modify ALS to use Long instead of Int.
In Spark 1.4: spark.ml.recommendation.ALS (in the Pipeline API) exposes
ALS.train as a DeveloperApi to allow users to use Long instead of Int.
We're also thinking about better ways to permit Long IDs.

Joseph