Hi,
I have created a Custom Receiver in Java which receives data from Websphere MQ
and I am only writing the received records on HDFS.

I have referred many forums for optimizing speed of spark streaming
application. Here I am listing a few:

*         Spark
Official<http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/streaming-programming-guide.html#performance-tuning>

*         VIrdata<http://www.virdata.com/tuning-spark/>

*          TD's Slide (A bit Old but
Useful)<http://www.slideshare.net/spark-project/deep-divewithsparkstreaming-tathagatadassparkmeetup20130617>

I got mainly two point for my applicability :

*         giving batch interval as 1 sec

*         Controlling "spark.streaming.blockInterval" =200ms

*         inputStream.repartition(3)

But that did not improve my actual speed (records/sec) of receiver which is MAX
5-10 records /sec. This is way less from my expectation.
Am I missing something?

Regards,
Umesh Chaudhary

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings
Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain
proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.