Would you be able to use Spark on EMR rather than on EC2? EMR clusters allow
easy resizing of the cluster, and EMR also now supports Spark 1.3.1 as of EMR
AMI 3.8.0.  See http://aws.amazon.com/emr/spark

~ Jonathan

From: Vadim Bichutskiy
<vadim.bichuts...@gmail.com<mailto:vadim.bichuts...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 7:15 AM
To: user <user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: [ERROR] Insufficient Space

Hello Spark Experts,

I've been running a standalone Spark cluster on EC2 for a few months now, and
today I get this error:

"IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
Spark assembly has been built with Hive, including Datanucleus jars on classpath
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Insufficient space for shared memory file"

I guess I need to resize the cluster. What's the best way to do that?

Thanks,
Vadim
[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=admFkaW0uYmljaHV0c2tpeUBnbWFpbC5jb20%3D&type=zerocontent&guid=eb8b2c49-6420-4983-b2d7-df3e87c4e321]ᐧ