Hi Raghav,

I'm assuming you're using standalone mode. When using the Spark EC2 scripts
you need to make sure that every machine has the most updated jars. Once
you have built on one of the nodes, you must *rsync* the Spark directory to
the rest of the nodes (see /root/spark-ec2/copy-dir).

That said, I usually build it locally on my laptop and *scp* the assembly
jar to the cluster instead of building it there. The EC2 machines often
take much longer to build for some reason. Also it's cumbersome to set up
proper IDE there.

-Andrew